Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fenders and aprons back on

Lots of progress today. The weather finally started to cooperate here in Denver, and in a big way. It was near-freezing when I woke up this morning, but by midday the temperature had risen into the 60s, and the sun was out in full force. Old Man Winter may have had his last hurrah- I sure hope so.

The tulips are beginning to form buds in our back yard.



Each of the fenders got several coats of undercoating on the bottom, and primer on the top.



I'm pleased with the way this 3M undercoating looks.









I had all kinds of new hardware prepared for the fenders:


I cannot recommend the factory Toyota fenders enough. There is an ongoing discussion among FJ40 owners about factory vs. reproduction fenders- after seeing how well these fit, I feel sorry for the guys trying to bend their Taiwanese metal into place.



Every bolt hole aligned perfectly:



There's nothing like installing brand new parts with brand new hardware:





So, the '40 is back on the road.



No comments: