Friday, February 29, 2008

Emissions

Passed Colorado emissions today with flying colors! I thought for sure it would fail miserably, but then again, I'm not thinking straight due to the CO I've been inhaling.
Goal #1: Complete

The guy at Jerry's Emissions Testing suggested that I was probably sucking exhaust back in through the rear sill (or where it used to be). Anticipating this myself, I had already picked up some garage weatherstripping (it's a big hole) at Home Depot, and used this to patch it up in Jerry's parking lot. What a world of difference. The exhaust smell stays outside the vehicle now.

This photo is below the ambulance doors in the rear, where I was sucking exhaust in.


I got temporary registration today too, so I have until April 14 to get permanent tags. I think I'll go with collector plates, because then I'll never have to get emissions tested again. This way they make you pay 5 years worth of taxes up front, but I think it will be worth it.

No comments: